A business website can be many things, but it must most often generate leads. Managed WordPress Hosting offers you speed, security and reliability so that you can achieve better SEO rankings, and more leads and other business benefits from your website.
The Managed WordPress Hosting Difference
- Easy: Everything you need is installed and configured for you.
- Cast Iron Security: All the best practise security measures are in place to protect your website.
- Blazing Speed: Our WordPress hosting servers are optimised especially for WordPress.
- Expert Support: Unlike non-specialist web hosts, we know WordPress.
- SEO: We ensure that your WordPress Website is optimised to make the best of your content to get good rankings.
- Statistics & Analytics: We will create a Google Analytics account for you and link it to your website.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Everyone is talking about SEO. Part of the installation process for Managed WordPress Hosting is setting up Yoast’s popular WordPress SEO plugin, which guides you in writing SEO content for your website, and ensures that all the behind the scenes technical stuff is taken care of automatically. You will also have access to training videos to explain exactly to use the plugin, and of course, you can always ask us for guidance.
Managed WordPress Hosting Support
We know WordPress, we know how to get the best out of it and which plugins are best for specific requirements. We are not afraid to share our knowledge either – we will answer any question you ask, and we provide the WordPress Video Manual for you to use whenever you want to – it is a series of tutorial videos showing you how to do almost anything you will ever need to do on your website, as well as a PDF manual to refer to whenever you need.
We will also monitor your Managed WordPress Hosting for errors or any downtime, and we normally fix them before our clients have noticed them – no matter why they are caused. Naturally, we will ensure that your WordPress software and all plugins are kept up to date, to ensure the best possible reliability, security and performance.
Managed WordPress Hosting Performance
Speed is important – not only do visitors to your site expect fast service, but Google and other search engines rank fast-loading pages higher than slower ones. Your Managed WordPress Hosting will be located on MTN’s backbone at the hub of South Africa’s online community, with redundant links to international audiences, to virtually eliminate network bottlenecks. To make sure your Managed WordPress Hosting can use the speed offered by the network, we install and configure our favourite performance plugins:
- W3 Total Cache works by compressing your websites pages, and by keeping copies ready to satisfy requests from visitors instead of creating a new copy for each request.
- EWWW Image Optimizer optimises images for fast loading speeds while preserving quality.
In addition, the server is configured to be as efficient as possible so as to deliver the maximum throughput.
Managed WordPress Hosting includes setting up a Google Analytics account for each WordPress website, and linking the website to Google Analytics so that the analytical information is displayed in the Admin Area of the WordPress Website, so that you can see at a glance a summary of the traffic your website is receiving, and where it is coming from. Full information is available in Google Analytics, which will be fully available to you.
Managed WordPress Hosting Security
Your website will be running on a server securely hosted at one of MTN’s state-of-the-art data centres. These facilities provide redundant power, fire suppression and excellent physical security. In addition, we install several plugins to ensure your website is secure against attack and abuse:
- WordFence guards against hackers and viruses with a firewall, and ensures that all software is up to date with the latest security patches and upgrades.
- Exploit Scanner scans your WordPress site for possible exploits introduced in programme and other files.
- Frame Free protects your data against being stolen by other websites using frames.
- AVH First Defence Against Spam controls and minimises comment spam.
We also back your website and it’s database up every night, and store the backups on RackSpace servers in the USA as well as on our local servers to ensure that we always have a copy of your website to restore should anything go wrong.